We are looking for a support worker to assist a member of our team on a 3 night residential trip. The Support Worker will stay overnight (9pm to 9am shift) and help with tasks such as ensuring medication is taken on time, and supporting the team member in preparing for the day ahead.
Spectra is a collaborative performance company based in the West Midlands who create work that has a sense of adventure and is led by curiosity.
- Staying in the same accommodation as the person who needs support, to assist them overnight
- Supporting them with their morning medication
- Supporting them in preparing for the day, including checking the fitting of a leg splint
- Additional organisational support that they may need
- The successful candidate will need to be available from 9pm to 9am on the nights of Monday 21st March, Tuesday 22nd March and Wednesday 23rd March. The third and final shift finishes at 9am on Thursday 24th March.
- We are looking for someone with experience of working as a support or access worker and who is able to work in an empathetic way
- The successful candidate will need to be familiar with epilepsy and aware of what to do in the event of both Grand-Mal and Focal seizures
- Current DBS check in place
- Can arrange their own travel (reasonable costs will be covered)
- All work will take place at The Whirligig, School Wood, Scholar Green, Cheshire, ST7 3QJ
- Please note that this is a woodland site with an outdoor shower and composting toilets. Accommodation is in a caravan with two single beds.
Dates and rates of pay:
Deadline for applications: this post has now been filled
Interviews: this post has now been filled
Fee: £16 per hour.
Please note that this is a self employed role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own National Insurance and tax.
Please provide an up to date CV and an expression of interest, up to 2 A4 pages or 4 minute audio/video recording, highlighting how you have the skills and experience to undertake this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have access requirements, please get in touch to talk about how we can support you in making your application.
When you submit your expression of interest, please also complete the equal opportunities monitoring form here: https://forms.gle/fJUW2PbAufKXM3r58. This form and your personal information will be kept separate from your application when it is reviewed by the panel.
Our company is neurodiverse and we are dedicated to using our work to cultivate a world that celebrates difference in all its wonderful forms. Our creative process and the work we create are actively inclusive. We take the same approach to curating the pool of freelancers we work with, seeking to shift imbalanced representation within our sector by warmly welcoming and prioritising applications from Black and Brown practitioners and those who identify as working class, D/deaf, Disabled and or LGBTQI+.